Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Walking can be dangerous!

I've got a new boot. Not two. One ugly boot. After leaving Lake Somerville State Park, my husband and I stopped at my daughter's home. When walking on the sidewalk near her place, and not paying attention to what was ahead, I tripped over uneven concrete. I landed with knees, hands, shoulder, and finally face hitting the sidewalk. I thought I only had bruises until, hours later, my foot that twisted when I fell started hurting and swelling. The next morning it looked so swollen we went to the nearest emergency room to see if the foot was broken.

The Nurse Practitioner treating me looked at x-rays and concluded I just had a bad sprain. I'm home now and have set up an appointment with a local Dr., as he suggested, to make sure I can return to my normal active lifestyle. My foot is healing fast but my face still looks awful.

My advice to myself and others: watch where you're walking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment